If you agree to co-produce a course at the Discovery Centre we hope the following guidelines will help you:
- Make contact with your co-producer, and arrange to have a meeting.
- Take the time to get to know your co-producer. Generate a shared understanding, and explore different perspectives.
- Complete the course plan template (we will provide you with a copy of this), and use it as a basis to help you both to agree on an outline for the course.
- Make time to develop your outline, and decide what areas to expand upon.
- Agree the actions that you will each take as a follow up from the meeting.
- Check that your co-producer feels comfortable with their tasks, and that they will be able to access any necessary materials.
- Arrange more meetings as necessary to ensure that you are both happy and familiar with the course and its contents.
- Prepare a power point presentation or course materials together with your co-facilitator.
- Remember to support your co-facilitator as much as you can, and enjoy the experience.
- Once you have co-produced a course, take the time to review the experience.