What if I am diagnosed with dementia?
Being diagnosed with dementia can come as a shock and be upsetting. If you are given this diagnosis, we will work closely with you, your family and other organisations to help you get all the support that you need.
We have a range of support and courses available, at any time, and they include:
- Introduction to your local Memory Café
- Access to Memory Matters sessions – a five week programme
- Access to Living Well with Dementia groups
- Referral to specialist local dementia support
- Referral to local voluntary services such as Age UK and the Alzheimer’s Society
- Information for carers about accessing Devon Carers Service.