Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For information and advice, please read our coronavirus page. Read More.

Accessing the service

The Haldon is a specialist inpatient service that treats patients with severe eating disorders.  

Most people with an eating disorder will be treated in the community by their community mental health team. In many cases and this is sufficient to begin to make changes in people's lives.

Referrals to The Haldon

Please note, unfortunately we are unable to take self-referrals.

Devon and Torbay

If you live in Devon your GP will need to refer you to your local community mental health team for an assessment.

To be referred to The Haldon you will need to have a Care Coordinator/Recovery Coordinator assigned to you by your community mental health team. Your Care Coordinator is responsible for referring you to the Community Eating Disorder Service, who will undertake an assessment to see if you require an inpatient admission, or if you can be supported on your recovery journey in the community.

Outside Devon

To be referred to The Haldon your Care Coordinator will need to refer you to our service.

If you are not under the care of a community mental health team, you may want to visit your GP to discuss your eating difficulties and the options that are available to you.