Torbay Drug and Alcohol Service
The Torbay drug and alcohol service is based at Walnut Lodge and Shrublands House in Torquay.
What do we offer?
- Drug and alcohol assessments for adults (18+) – this includes the full range of prescribed, legal, illegal and over the counter medication
- A named recovery Coordinator
- A named peer support volunteer
- Structured psychosocial interventions on a 1:1 and group work basis
- Group-work to support you at every stage
- Healthcare assessments
- Volunteering opportunities
- Blood Borne Virus Testing (Hep B/C and HIV) and Hep B immunisation
- Access to a Specialist Health Visitor to support families
- Assessment and referral to community based residential rehabilitation programmes
- Assessment for prescribing interventions including stabilisation, detoxification and reduction programmes
- Signposting and advice
- We can supply Naloxone, an antidote used to reverse the effects of a heroin overdose, and provide training on how to use it.
How do I make a referral or get some advice?
Referral into drug and alcohol treatment in Torbay is simple. Both services encourage individuals to self-refer, but referrals by professionals are also accepted.
You can complete the Online self-referral form and a member of the service will contact you.
Alternatively, you can call the service and a member of the Team will complete a brief ‘telephone triage’ assessment with you. Once this is done, you will be referred for Recovery Worker allocation and ongoing support.
Self-refer online or by phone
We provide drug and alcohol services in Torbay only. For the rest of Devon, please contact Together Drug and Alcohol Service.