Everyone at one time or another has a problem with sleep. However, when it becomes too much and you feel a lack of sleep is impacting on your daily life, it may be time for you to seek some help, so you can get your life back on track.
We can help you with strategies to overcome your sleep problems. You can self-refer to our service for an assessment appointment, without the need to see your GP.
You’ll have an initial 45 minute assessment appointment to discuss your symptoms and your main problems or concerns.
If your main problem is sleep we can offer, either:
- 1:1 guided self-help Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with one of our Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs), using sleep hygiene techniques
- Enrolment on a sleep workshop, where offered
- Self-help materials to take away
If your main problem is something else, for example anxiety or depression, and this is what is causing your sleep problems we can offer, depending on your presentation and preference, either:
- 1:1 CBT sessions - these may include sleep hygiene work as part of these sessions
- Six week self-management of anxiety and depression course (which also includes a sleep session)
- Silvercloud - online CBT programme (which also includes a sleep module)
- Self-help materials to take away.