Shark swim raises funds for our charity
Posted by Devon Partnership Trust in Charity, News on 24th October, 2023
Erin Foster, Trainee Nurse, and Zoe Fischer, Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor, both based at Franklyn Hospital in Exeter, have successfully completed their challenge to raise £200 for the DPT Charity.
In September, they fearlessly swam with sharks at the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth.
Zoe said: "The shark experience went really well! We both enjoyed it and didn't want to get out of the water! I think we were both pleasantly surprised at how well we did, considering we were both scared to begin with. It was an incredible adventure that pushed us out of our comfort zones and allowed us to conquer our fears while creating lasting memories. It's a testament to how facing our fears can lead to some of the most rewarding and exhilarating moments in life."
If their brave and amazing efforts have piqued your interest in supporting us through fundraising, we invite you to explore the various opportunities available that include:
- Abseiling this Christmas on Saturday 2 December at Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre in Exeter. For a free place we ask that you raise £50 minimum for our Charity.
- Celebrate the holiday spirit with a twist at Jolly Christmas Clothing Thursday on Thursday 14 December. Join us to support the DPT Charity by wearing festive fashion, whether it's subtle Santa socks or a full ensemble with a light-up Christmas jumper and festive earrings. Don't miss the chance to participate!
- Join the DPT Charity's 30 Days of Fitness Challenge in January 2024. Improve your fitness while supporting our charity. Choose your own schedule, and it's free to participate, either solo or with a friend.
- DPT Charity has places for the Exeter 5K Inflatable 2024 event on Saturday 27 April, 2024. Experience this thrilling Inflatable 5K Obstacle Course in Exeter. Join us for an unforgettable adventure!
- Get ready for a fresh challenge in the New Year! Save the date for the Exeter Great West Run on Sunday 26 May 26, 2024. This 13.1 mile journey through the city and countryside with stunning views culminates in an exciting stadium finish. Limited free race entries are available for those supporting the DPT Charity's mission to improve lives.
Secure your spot today – register for one of our engaging events by contacting Daniel Robson, Head of Charity Fundraising, at firstname.lastname@example.org.