Let’s raise a cuppa to our NHS
Posted by Devon Partnership Trust in Charity, News on 18th May, 2021
We’ve been through a year like no other. And this year, everyone has a reason to thank our NHS heroes.
They say everything stops for tea and this July, the whole nation will stop for the NHS Big Tea
It’ll be a national outpouring like no other. An outpouring of love. And of gratitude. An outpouring of joy and generosity, warmth and reflection. All stirred like our national brew.
Be part of the nation’s biggest tea break to raise money for the incredible people in our NHS and this July, the whole nation will stop for the NHS Big Tea.
With every tea and every toastie, with every penny and every pound raised, we’ll champion the wellbeing of our local NHS champions.
So join us on Monday 5 July at 3pm – or whenever works best for you – by hosting an NHS Big Tea.
You can host it in person or virtually, with your community or at work. How will you brew your thank you?
How to get involved:
Two ways to support our NHS Big Tea
1. Host a tea party or gathering over a cuppa (following all COVID guidelines, of course)
Get your friends, family or work colleagues together with tea and cake and host your own NHS Big Tea party on 5th July.
Here are the simple steps to get involved:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and download all you need to get started below.
- Get the date booked in your diary and send out invites
- Bake or buy your favourite cakes or refreshments or ask each guest to bring something along to the event
- Ask everyone to make a donation at the event to DPT Charity to give back to Devon mental health and learning disability NHS services.
- Take it to the next level and put on entertainment, a bake sale or competition, raffle or quiz
2. Take 5 – Grab a cuppa and an important break when you can
Take 5 minutes, Donate 5, Tag 5 friends, family and colleagues to do the same.
Follow the event on Twitter using the hashtag #NHSBigTea