Fundraisers supporting us during COVID-19
Posted by Devon Partnership Trust in Charity, News on 29th April, 2020
In response to the community rallying to support the NHS and our organisation during this time of crisis we have launched an appeal to help our staff and patients.
Already our incredible fundraisers have raised more than £5,000 through a variety of unique and inspiring ways. These include:
- Robbie, Events Manager from the Fisherman’s Arm in Plymouth and local singer Kennedy have been hosting a live gig and quiz, reaching thousands of people and raising £260. Robbie said: “Devon Partnership NHS Trust appealed to myself and Kennedy as it local to us. Supporting people with mental health and learning disability needs is always vital, and, given our current circumstances, I think it imperative to take a step back and realise the monumental efforts that organisations like the Trust make to support other people. Thank you!" Kennedy's next live gig is on the Fisherman’s Arms Facebook site on Saturday 2 May at 7pm and the next pub quiz is on Sunday 3 May at 7pm - please do join in!
- Warren 'braved the shave' and raised an incredible £620. Warren said: “I chose Devon Partnership NHS Trust because I saw you work with mental health and felt with everything going on at the moment demand would increase for your services." Thank you, Warren! To sponsor his newly shaved head click here.
- Another person to brave the shave was Kacper who raised a brilliant £135. To show your support for his new look then click here.
- A group of brave sea-swimmers from Torbay are raising money via the connections on their Facebook group and have already raised £209. Michael, who is one of the swimmers from the group, said: “With these strange times we are facing, mental health is at the forefront of our minds, as we are sure it must be for lots of you. We have been mulling over ways in which we can help others during this time and have decided that one of the best ways we can do that is to do some fundraising." To donate or share their page please click here.
- Andy Hawkings, Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner at TALKWORKS and his local band Badlands, formed of NHS workers, released a song with all proceeds going to our charity. Andy said: "Following lockdown we've all become aware of the importance which the NHS plays in our lives and how grateful we are for the service it provides. This is something close to our hearts which we are aware of through our work in mental health”. To hear or purchase their song click here, and please do share it far and wide.
- Nick has recently launched a photo competition and has already raised £75. For more information click here.
- Mark Tandy, Team Manager at Newton Abbot Community Mental Health Team and his colleagues have set up a fundraiser page to support our COVID-19 appeal. He is asking people to join his team by sharing pictures of themselves on social media dressed as pirates from Friday and donate via their JustGiving page. This is in connection with the Brixham Pirate Festival who are hosting a virtual event this Saturday on their Facebook page. Help Mark and his team reach their target of £200 to support our patients and staff, share your pirate picture, and show us your best oooarrrr.
- Adam Tancock, Nursing Assistant at Langdon is taking on a big shave. Adam said: "Life with a beard as magnificent as mine just doesn't work with all the PPE we have to wear at the moment.I see first hand all the wonderful work locally, as well as from our NHS colleagues around the country fighting this awful virus. If I have to lose my beard (and I do have to unfortunately!) then please help me to make it worthwhile by helping me support this amazing charity." You can donate here.
Thank you to everyone that is taking the time to fundraise for us - it will make a huge difference. If you’d like to show your support then please click here to either donate or to register your fundraiser.
For more information please email Daniel Robson, Head of Charity Fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org.